Air Source Heat Pump
Air source heat pumps are a type of renewable energy to heat both your hot water supply and heating system. Using the warmth within the air, even when the temperature is below zero, to give you warmth inside. The air is passed over a heat exchanger and then fed around your radiators, underfloor heating and hot water cylinder. The pump is situated outside, usually adjacent to your home. Inside, you will have a cylinder that also houses the circulating pump and controls.
Benefits of Air Source Heat Pump
Air source heat pumps have some advantages over heat pumps in general. Some of these are:
- They are convenient and reliable.
- The efficiency of these systems provides significant savings in energy.
- There is minimal disruption to you during installation.
- Easy to retro-fit.
- They are cost effective and may reduce your energy bills.
- Can improve the overall efficiency of your heating system.
You may be eligible to join the Renewable Heat Incentive when you install an air source heat pump. This rewards house holders with regular payments made over 7 years. This is based of the amount of renewable heat made by your heating system.
It is recommended that your heat pump is serviced annually. This will help in a number of ways to maintain its efficiency. It may also help to prevent costly repairs. Your manufacturer may also insist on an annual service to uphold the warranty.
- Check the operation of all components and the calibration of the sensors
- Test safety devices
- Clean the filters
- Check the flue terminal
- Check of all fluid levels
- Clean the magnetic filter
Call us now on 01284 765453
Need a Plumber?
Call our emergency line 01284 765453